Monday, February 7, 2011

A Good Tailor and other things...


One of the most important parts of my wardrobe is my tailor, Larissa! Besides being nice as can be, she is a really talented seamstress and good at knowing what works. And, as I age, I know what styles really work for me but can't always find them in stores. Larissa is great at transferring the image in my mind to reality. Next on the docket for Larissa is one of Rory's old pinstriped suits that I want tailored to fit me AND material for a black sheer skirt I saw on "The Sartorialist" that I would love to have for a dressier event. I'll keep you posted on those.
The jumpsuit I am wearing here is actually a version of one I saw in NYC and really wanted but didn't want to pay the price. Then I saw a picture in vogue of a jeweler who wears jumpsuits as a uniform and buys them at supply stores. So, I came home and described it to my tailor and voila - here it is! A good tailor can pull something like that off. And, being 5'3" with short arms, nearly everything I buy has to be altered in some way so my tailor is close to work where I can drop off and pick up easily.
Btw, I actually love the jumpsuit idea because the backdrop of the outfit is in place and all I have to do is add the accents. Also, I hate things tight around my waist all day so this is also accomplished with a jumpsuit. The bathroom thing is the only problem - heaven forbid someone barges in on me when I have that jumpsuit all the way to the ground!


Jumpsuit: Made by Larissa
Sweater: My son's sweater from JCrew
Scarf: Erdem (Scarves always make me feel like I should be in France)
Shoes: Marni
Purse: Tory Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Pages

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Followers